Formula Nutrition & Mixing Instructions
Nutritional Detail PDFs
- Nutrient Reference Chart 2022
- Infant Cereal Displacement Values
- Formula Weights, Volumes, & Calories for Powder Infant Formulas & Toddler Drinks
- Formula Gram Weights & Displacement Factors for Powder Infant Formulas & Toddler Drinks
- Formula Macronutrient Values for Powder Infant Formulas & Toddler Drinks
Instructions for Increasing Caloric Density
Find instructions for medical professionals on preparing alternate dilutions of Gerber® Good Start® infant formulas, including nutrient profiles of the standard and higher calorie concentration preparations. Detailed information on Gerber® Good Start® infant formula powders, such as gram weights, displacement factors, and scoop size can also be below.
When mixing infant formula, it is recommended to follow the instructions on the label. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends the use of sterile water for mixing formula in healthcare settings. As with any powdered formula product, use with immune-compromised infants is not recommended. When such use is necessary, we recommend following the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics guidelines for safe preparation, storage, and administration.
Decisions regarding caloric concentration should be based on medical condition and history. The health care provider is responsible for determining nutritional requirements and monitoring patient tolerance to feedings. The extended use of >20kcal/fl oz formula is not recommended in the absence of medical necessity.